Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Front Emblem


Not much to add regarding the VX - I did lose the "V" from the custom, titanium VX emblem from the front - came out from work and noticed it was gone. I cleaned it up a bit and ordered a set of red CF emblems and thought I would first try it out with the "X" titanium one. As the VehiCROSS emblem is a mix of red and silver it sort of works and gives it a unique look. What do you think? Image was taken with my iphone on an overcast day (you can see the rain drops on the bumper cover).

I also decided to remove the Supercharger as I was getting some terrible drive bearing rattle. I'm looking for someone to rebuild and port the intake - more on that as I have time to geterdone! As for now she's driving with my old HotShot intake and cone filter.

-- John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. EATON, I think you are the only one on earth who can help me! My name is Clement from Hong Kong, and an owner of two VXs for many years. I have been desperately looking for a new or used 'Wing Style' roof rack for a long time, and has proved very unsuccessful. I think you are the one who can really direct me to the right way to getting one. Let you know, I have even tried with KAYIMA directly. Do you know anywhere I can buy one through mail these days, even an old one? Thanks! clemlai@yahoo.com.hk

John Eaton said...

It's no longer available via Isuzu or Yakima - your best bet is to watch eBay as they appear there - be prepared to pay a premium price for one ($300+). Also you should join the VX forums: http://www.vehicross.info as members frequently sell parts.